At ROOOMXIX, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors (yep, we mean you). The ROOOMXIX team members are customers themselves, of both ROOOMXIX and other internet sites – so we totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Customer Service Desk
Email address: email@example.com
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and use your information in a number of different ways . What we do with it depends on the type information.
You do not have to give us any of this personal information but if you do not, you may not be able to buy from the website, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. That is your choice – and we respect that.
We will only use your personal information as the law allows us to. We have set out below , the personal information we collect about you; how we collect it and the lawful basis for using it.
- Identity and Contact Data: Identity and Contact Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, signature, billing address, delivery address, email address, etc.
We may collect and process your Identity and Contact Data when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website or social pages in order to –
- To complete your order: To deliver your purchases to you, we do need your name and contact details to process the purchase and delivery.
- Create a user account on our website: We have to do this to maintain data and information security and protect the vital interests of you and others.
- Send you service messages by text, e-mail, such as order updates: We have to do this so to tell you when your order is coming.
- Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services to keep you up to date: We only send this with your permission.
- Fraud prevention and detection: To prevent and detect fraud against either you or ROOOMXIX – absolutely essential.
- Showing you Rooomxix adverts as your browse the web: So that you can see our latest products and deals.
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like. To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition
- Payment Information
This means your payment and transaction details with us.
We may collect and process your Personal Information when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website or social pages in order to –
- Take payments and give refunds (not assured). It is important to get your payment information to fulfil your order with us. You will be required to provide our payment service providers with certain payment information (including your card’s security/CVV code, do not worry, we do not keep them). When you make a payment transaction with us, you authorize our third-party payment service providers to collect, process, and store your payment information in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- Fraud prevention and detection: To prevent and detect fraud against either you or ROOOMXIX – absolutely essential.
- Contact History with us
Your Contact History with us includes what you have said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
We may collect and process your Contact History when you interact with us in order to –
- Provide customer service and support: We have to do this to keep up with you, after all, you expect the best service from us.
- In-house usage: So that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service.
- Purchase history and saved items.
This includes what you have bought and what you have stored in your basket for another time.
We may collect and process this data when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website or social pages in order to –
- Provide customer service and support, and handle returns: We’ve got to do this to give you the best service ever.
- Finding out what you, and other customers like: To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition
- Information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
- Technical Data
Technical Data includes information on your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, browser fingerprint, authentication data, security questions, click-stream data, and other data collected via cookies and similar technologies.
We may automatically collect and process Technical Data when you visit our website using cookies, log files and web beacons in order to –
- Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency): To give you the best possible shopping experience
- Protect our website: To prevent and detect fraud against either you or ROOOMXIX – unfortunate, but absolutely essential — and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
- Anonymised and Aggregated Data
We may anonymize and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal information to any third party. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of entities/persons as set out below and as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you –
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), Marketplace sellers where you place an order, and where you choose to use approved payment service by us.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
- In the event of a merger, dissolution, bankruptcy, reorganization or similar corporate event, or the sale of all or substantially all of our assets, we expect that the information that we have collected, including personal information, would be transferred to the surviving entity in a merger, the acquiring entity, or our creditors.
Rest assured that our contractual terms with these third parties (where applicable) shall require them to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else.
Subject to your consent, we would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well of those of our affiliates, associates, subsidiaries.
If you have agreed to receive our marketing communications, you many always opt out at a later date
When you access our websites or use our Services, we may place small data files on your
computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively referred to as “Cookies”). These technologies are used to –
- recognise visitors as customers;
- customise our service, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness;
- help ensure that account security is not compromised;
- mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and
- promote trust and safety across our service and related sites.
You can freely decline our cookies if the web browser or browser add-on permits unless our cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our cookies may interfere with your use of our websites and services.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures (and contractually require third parties we share your information with to maintain) appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to prevent the personal data from being accidentally loss, misuse or in an unauthorised access, alteration, or disclosure of your personal data. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to –
- provide our services to you,
- archiving purposes to detect and investigate fraudulent transactions,
- comply with our legal obligations under financial or anti-money laundering laws
- satisfying any tax, accounting, or reporting requirements; and
- upon our reasonable belief that there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we are up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of ROOOMXIX (for example, your ROOOMXIX search history, and the content you read on ROOOMXIX) or on ROOOMXIX banners or ads, you have previously clicked on.
Under certain circumstances, you can exercise certain rights provided under applicable laws and regulations in relation to the personal information we hold. These rights include the right to –
- give and withdraw consent;
- request access to your personal information;
- request the rectification of your personal information;
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to the processing of your personal information;
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- request the transfer of your personal information to you or a third party; and
- complain at any time with any relevant authority for data protection issues.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We will not be responsible for a breach of personal information which happens due to an event which is beyond our control including but not limited to an act or threats of terrorism; an act of God (such as, but not limited to fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves and floods) which compromises our data protection measures; war, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), invasion, the act of foreign enemies, mobilisation, requisition, or embargo; rebellion, revolution, insurrection, or military or usurped power, or civil war which compromises our data protection measures; the transfer of your personal information to a third party on your instructions; and the use of your personal information by a third party designated by you.